After a month hiatus (has it really been a month?), we’re back in action and have started to renovate our tiny powder room on the main level. I’m sad we didn’t get any complete “before” photos, but believe me when I say it was in need of some (lots of) TLC. Here’s a taste of what it looked like right after we started ripping things up.
So, what’s on the to-do list this time?
1. Replace linoleum floor with natural stone tiles. We bought white/ivory travertine tiles at a discount flooring store for $5 per sq/ft.
3. Jazz up our existing mirror so we don’t have to buy a new one. Bryan used extra wood from our vessel sink base (see #5) to make a two-sided wood frame for the mirror. We turned the mirror on its side to save $ on tiles. Perfect fit!
4. Replace the gold vanity lights with DIY pendant lights. This part is in the works, but here’s a sneak peak.
5. Remove the oh-so-lovely corner sink, and replace it with a DIY vessel sink. We couldn’t find a vessel sink that we loved, and on top of that, they’re expensive! So, we’re going to make one out of a bowl. We haven’t actually started this part yet, but will write a how-to post when it happens.
6. Install a big rustic-looking piece of wood as a base for our new sink (see pic in #5). We purchased dark walnut stain and polyurethane to finish it off, and trimmed it down to fit the space. Not bad for a free piece of wood! It was perfect for the rustic/chic look we’re going for.
7. Replace the toilet with a shiny new one. We needed a super small toilet to fit into this space. This one was our winner.
8. I think that’s it?
I’m SO excited about this project. It’s going to look fantastic when we’re done! Here’s what we have so far.
We’ll be back soon with updates!